Spooky....

Now I'm a highly (some might say overly) analytical, rational engineer, but
sometimes you just have to wonder....

Bought (yet) another fine Italian automobile this week (1989 Fiat Uno Turbo
- best grin/$ car around). But before I can drive it home I have to fix a
water leak in the cooling system. So there I am losing my virginity again
(so to speak) grovelling under the bonnet of another Italian car. Even shed
blood as part of the initiation ceremony - man is it tight under there!
Comes time to drive home in the (normally) trusty GTV, and what happens?

Half way home, in the pouring rain (which may be related, but nothing was
obvious), it starts to miss really badly, manage to just keep it going to
the nearest petrol station where it stops. Wiggle a few ignition leads, and
away we go again. Most unusual....... and a bit spooky!

So what was it saying to me?

Is it jealous of me spreading my attentions around?

Didn't I clean enough Fiat grease off my hands before caressing the GTV's
lovely wooden steering wheel?

I'm sure that I had explained the rationale for buying the Fiat to the GTV
- after all it is so I can give the GTV the TLC it so deserves, and not
have to take it out in the pouring rain.....

Or maybe the GTV was just trying to emphasise to me that it wants its TLC
sooner rather than later!

Or maybe it was just the high humidity playing havoc with some marginal
wiring.

Who knows.

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand