164 brake lockup

Keith,

There is a heap of stuff on the 164 Home Page,
/alfa/FAQ/164/ - specifically  look under tech notes at
/alfa/FAQ/164/notes_22.htm#stiffbr

This will give you a good background on the 164 brake locking problem.  As
Michael Smith mentioned in his post, diagonally opposite locked brakes are
usually the result of a failed master cylinder (as happened to me).  When
the brakes lock, get out of the car, and put you hand on each wheel - if the
diagonally opposite wheels are hot, then there's your answer.  As your
brakes returned to normal after sitting, I think that the M/C is your
problem.

Regards,
John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia