Re: Springs never wear out!?

Sonny in Baltimore, MD wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere that on a car, the springs "never" wear out (as opposed
> to the dampers). For the purpose of this discussion let's restrict oursleves to the
> first 150 K mi of a car's life and "normal" use. Any opinion on this?

I still had the original springs on my '83 GTV6 at 150k (s)miles.

At 385k they still seem to be workin' fine, too. Those who know how I drive can vouch
for the fact that I give 'em a good workout every chance I get.  Use it or lose it!?

Only three sets of shocks so far!!

'nardo
Alpine, Texas
LP: 3M ZTA3