Re: Tire Advice for 164S

Hi Rich -

I had the new Yoko A520's put on and within a week, I had them shipped to my parents for their GTV6.  They were not as grippy as Yokohama said they would be.  They love it just fine though, but they don't carve corners like I do.

I recently put on Toyo Proxes T1-S.  Really nice for street use.  Wet performance is also very good!  Recent rains in our neck of the woods proved that out, in addition to the wet-skidpad test at the last AROSC Driver's School.  They run about $130-$140 in the 16" sizes.

Best overall compromise would have to go to the SP8000's.  They are also cheaper than their successor, the SP9000's, although a mite more road noise at speeds over 80mph.  Handling is better, IMHO, on the 164 than the 9000's.  They are less than $100 in the 16" guise.

I wouldn't recommend the Bridgestone RE730's either, eh Alan?  :-)

Nizam
88 75 3.0V6
94 164 Super 3.0V6 24v
97 155V6 2.5