Re: Tire Advice for 164S

Sorry but I can't offer any advice on 17" tires for a 164; my L is running
205/55 x 16 Dunlop SP5000s.  Alan's mention of wear brought up a question,
though - My current set of SP500s are worn down to the wear bars in almost
exactly 10K miles.  Now, I do drive almost only around town but there is no
track time or even any really hard back road driving on them.  All four are
worn quite evenly (only rotated once at 5K).  I know they're cheap for this
kind of tire and I like the all-season performance a lot - they're great in
snow for a non snow tire and feel very responsive on dry pavement as well.
In short, for an all season tire I like them a lot but geeze, 10K miles
ain't much.  I know 164s are notorious for eating tires but what kind of
mileage are y'all getting from other tires?

Chris Lesher
2 164s
87 Platino
79 Spider