Bad Buyers - NAF

I think many of us have paid the price for selling our
(quirky?) cars.  About 15 years ago I had a nice Honda 600
sedan that I had restored. That car got me more smiles and
waves on the highway than anything I've ever driven. A buddy
had to have it. I sold it to him with only one warning; the
return spring on the ignition switch was broken and you had
to manually return the key to ignition position after
starting it. I'd been doing it for months and hardly thought
about it.
Well you know what happened. I don't think he had it a week
before he had torn up the starter pinion and flywheel ring
gear; not easy to find nor replace. I took the car back and
gave him his money back - hey I said he was a friend.
John