RE: '71 GTV window cranks

> On the winder mechanism, you'll notice that the bolts attaching it to the
> door come through slotted holes.  Slacken the 3 nuts and rotate the winder
> counter clockwise on the driver side and clockwise on the passenger side
> (assuming left hand drive).  The cable popped out of my winder
> recently and
> I learned that mechanism all too well.  Also make sure the cable hasn't
> dropped behind the rollers at the top of the door.

In addition to Lawrences excellent, and correct, advice, I'll add one more
tidbit.

When you install the winder handle, make sure it's in the down position when
the window is all the way up.  If it's off at an angle, or pointed up, then
nudging against it or sometimes just the weight of the handle can nudge the
window down.

bs