Re:'71 GTV window cranks

"This weekend I removed the door panels to reveal a Rube Goldbergian cable
system (not that bad - actually quite clever) which controls up and down. I
don't know what controls the tension of the system, but I'd like to tighten
it."

James,

On the winder mechanism, you'll notice that the bolts attaching it to the
door come through slotted holes.  Slacken the 3 nuts and rotate the winder
counter clockwise on the driver side and clockwise on the passenger side
(assuming left hand drive).  The cable popped out of my winder recently and
I learned that mechanism all too well.  Also make sure the cable hasn't
dropped behind the rollers at the top of the door.

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV

Lawrence Gowin