GTV6 for Mrs.

In a message dated 10/29/2001 5:25:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> If it were up to me and I was setting up a car for my wife to drive I
> would purchase a GTV-6, Install a 3.0 liter motor, have the interior
> redone in leather, Install some 16 x 7 Rims with 50 series tires, Lower
> the supension slightly and stiffen it.  Lighten the transmission gears
> and give it a good paint job.

Before you go to the trouble, first try these steps:

1) Measure your wife's height.  If she is short like mine (5'2" on a good
day) she will not be able to see over the dashboard and will hate you for it.

2) Give your significant other a strength test.  We hulking behemoths of the
male persuasion don't seem to mind or notice the effort it takes to steer the
GTV6, especially at low speeds or when parking, due to our massive upper body
strength and broad shoulders rippling with glistening muscle. Even after the
feminist revolution and raised consciousness of the past decades, the
"weaker" gender has not quite caught up, at least statistically.  More than
one of our betters has described the nimble and precise handling of a GTV6 as
"like a truck."

3) Get an almanac and check out your area's summertime temps. Remember, a
parked GTV6 can achieve temps above 150F in the cabin, and the best the A/C
will be able to do in that case is cool it down to 135F or so.  This is very
bad for the hair and worse for the disposition.  If you live in a cold
climate, ignore this step.

4) Ask yourself the real tough questions, such as, "Do I want this car for my
wife or do I want to use her as an excuse to get it for myself?"

Other personal issue questions and advice to the lovelorn will be addressed
only in private emails.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA