Changing a Milano heater mix valve

I made a post early about not being able to close the heat all the way.  Thank you for all the replies.

It seems that I'm not the only one with this problem and it seems the simple solution is to put a manual heater valve in the engine compartment.  I was wondering if anyone has changed the actual mixer valve itself?  and if any knows where the vlave is located?

Thanks
Alan
88 Milano 3.0