Re: convertible top window

If the top and window are both in very good condition then your best
alternative is to get an auto upholstery shop to resew it.
If the top is in very good shape but the window is on the way out (scratches,
yellowing, or tearing) then now is a good
time to replace it - again an auto upholstery shop should do this.  (Shouldn't
cost too much!)  If the top is getting long in the
tooth then glue is certainly an attractive option.  I like the "goop" line of
adhesives for this ("shoe goo", "marine goop", etc),
as it dries waterproof, hard but not totally inflexible, and adheres really
well to the canvas and (if necessary) the window plastic, even if not
well-cleaned beforehand.  (You can also use this stuff to patch holes in the
top, though it looks goofy.)

Hmm, I should say that the reason not to use glue if the top is otherwise in
good shape is that you might want to replace the window at some point, and
glue will render this difficult.

- David R.