Re: Stolen property (No Alfa Content)

Jorge,

This sort of thing is so annoying, not so much that you have lost the item,
but that some bastard had had the gall to do it to you.

More than 20 years ago, I had a tyre gauge that had belonged to my father.
It was beautiful piece - brass construction, leather case, nothing like the
junk tyre gauges that are the norm these days.  It used to live in my glove
box, and was only ever taken out while at home to check tyre pressures.

When I lost it, I pulled the garage apart looking for it.  I pulled the car
apart looking for it - checking under seats, lifting carpets - looking in
the craziest places.  Nothing.

It too me some time to realise that I couldn't have lost it.  it was
probably stolen by one of my school friends to whom I had given a lift.
Sadly, this sort of experience  tends to change your view of the world.

Again, recently, I noticed that the black plastic thingy that clips over
the bolt on the wiper arm was missing from my wife's Pug.  It clips on
quite firmly, so couldn't have fallen off.  It isn't the sort of thing that
light-fingered souvenir hunters tend to go for - badges and wheel caps are
more in their line.  I can only think that some other Pug owner is missing
one, and has helped him or herself to ours.  I hope that their timing belt
breaks.

End of rant - back to Mr Nice Guy!

John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia
Currently 164-less as the imprint of a bloody Toyota Corolla is removed
from the back panel  :-(

are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.