warm-up

I thought Tim's warm-up troubles were limited to 4-cyl Alfas with
which I have very limited experience, but now people are saying their
6's do the same.  When I first got my GTV6 I was very impressed with
the rapid warm-up.  Subsequently I installed a Tom Zat "low
temperature" thermostat (BIG MISTAKE) which is also a high-bypass
thermostat, so the engine never warms up....  But I trust that when I
remove it (hopefully next month) the GTV6 will warm up as quickly as
it used to.  (And I've never had any overheating problems with it
either.)  I've even heard of people saying that 3.0L 164s have
overheating problems due to small radiators--as long as the
thermostat works right, how can such a car fail to warm up??

Joe
'82 GTV6
'87 Jaguar (dad's) <--brakes no more difficult than Alfa, IMHO