Stumbling Milano

At high load (3, 4, or 5 gear) around 3500 rpm & up(or that's what the tach
is reading don't believe it though) my Verde starts to stumble.  It is not
a stumble I have experienced in the past.  Kind of like an on off switch in
the effect that it accels and then just looses accell then comes back.
 Thoughts?
I am going to try gas filter but what else can it be?

Dom
87 Verde
83 GTV6