metric threads (still)

I thank Russ Neely for forgiving me my ignorance of Bosch fours and their
extra 7 mm fasteners, which is very likely to persist unless (or until?) I
fall for a Twin Spark to insert in a Sport Sedan.

 He adds that "Bolts larger than 12 mm seem to be rare on the Alfa." Rare
indeed, but 105.41.25.326.00 is a 14 x 1.5 mm (DIN fine) at the front of the
rear radius rods, 105.48.25.319.00 is a very special one with two-stage
nutting 16 x 1.5 mm and 10 x 1.25 mm at the rear of the radius rods, and
105.00.21.305.01 is a more conventional 16 x 1.5 at the inner end of the upper
arm in the front suspension. Big nuts are a bit more common, with 18 x 1.5 and
20 x 1.5 (with its own Palmutter) showing up in the suspension and driveline.
Don't know about the cranknut, but its not a piker. Don't know the
thread-pitch of the 40 mm plugs at the front and rear of the heads, but they
wouldn't count as fasteners anyway.

 Don't know what the later cars might have; my parts books (and the usefulness
of the information in them) falls off rapidly after 1972, as does my interest
in them, with a very few exceptions..

 Cheers

John H.

Raleigh, N.C.