Hella air horns in an 82 Spider

Hello,

Just wanted to share my successful installation of Hella air horns in my 82
Spider.  I received the kit from a local shop (red horns/compressor, pretty
standard stuff) for $31.

I mounted the compressor on the driver's side behind the bumper (the 82 has a
big opening behind the blinker).  There was a factory mounting point which was
not in use, I grounded the compressor and bolted it to the same point.  I
mounted the horns to the driver's side horn post, located under the air filter
housing.  One horn mounts with the bolt sticking up through the stock horn
hole, the other with a hole a drilled about 1" inside the stock hole and about
1/4" back.  Install the top horn first!

The air hoses are supposed to be equal length and you used a supplied "T" to
make that happen.  I ran a 4" hose from the compressor to the "T" and equal
lengths to the horns.

I used the positive lead from the stock driver's horn and disconnected the
lead from the stock passenger horn.  Hella supplies a relay, you don't need it
as the Spider has a horn relay already.

The clearance between the air filter housing and the top horn is very tight
but it does fit nicely.  This is a cheap and easy installation and a good
replacement horn kit, especially here in SUV country.

Brad