91 spider valve tapping

Can someone please tell me if it is normal for a 91 alfa spider engine to run
quiet or is valve tapping noise normal on these cars. I have heard from some
digesters that tapping is normal on the alfa, and others say no way they are
suppoesd to run quiet. My 91 starts off quiet and after 5 minutes of running
the valves clatter. I checked the clearances and they are in spec. The timing
chain is tight. If it's normal to hear clattering than i will live with
it,But if it's not a normal thing i want to find out why and fix it. My car
has 50,000 miles on it and it runs great.
Thank you,Tony