Re: More 911 Jibes

> A BMW mechanic friend of mine has a saying about Porsche 911's: "As long as
> there are short, balding, middle-aged men, there will always be a market
> for the Porsche 911."

<snip>

> So there, nya.

.. sad thing is I bet there are drivers of other marques that will
say the same things about BMWs or even Alfas.  I don't under-
stand the 'hating' towards such great automobiles..

The Porsche 911 Turbo is an incredible machine.   The 911 is an
amazing piece of history and engineering.  Porsche, the smallest
auto company out there (not counting the likes of TVR, Pagani,
etc.), just a few years ago beat the snot out of Nissan (who had
been trying desperately for years to win), Audi, BMW, et al.. at
Le Man a few years ago..

As auto enthusiasts, if we have to complain about cars, shouldn't
we babble about Toyota Camrys, Pontiac Aztecs, and the rest of
the cars that, as Luca put it so well, make fun of the consumers
(not to mention auto enthusiasts)...  No one has to love the 911
but you have to at least consider this machine on the "good side"
of the force. ;]

just my 4 lira (rates are so bad these days :[
Alfa content: I want an 156 GTA..
take care,

Ryan
SAAB 900 Turbo