Re: (no real Alfa content) Chrysler/Mitsu V6

At 11:42 AM 10/25/01 -0400, Joe Elliott wrote:

>I know there's at least one ex-Chrysler engineer on the digest.... I
>read something somewhere that said the 2.5 V6 used in the Chrysler
>Cirrus/Dodge Stratus used SOHC's to drive 24 valves.  Is this true?
>Ian?

I'm no engineer, just a DC line-monkey, but I think so.  It wouldn't be
unusual for them, the 16v 2.0l four in my Neon ACR is SOHC.  The camshaft
has three lobes per cylinder; two for intake valves and one for exhaust.
Exhaust rockers are forked so they can operate two valves.

Oh, and since this is my first post, Hi!  My name's Scott, I don't own an
Alfa yet, but will when my finances and the right car find themselves in
alignment.

cheers,
scott