164 brake indicator lamps flashing

In a message dated 10/23/2001 5:55:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> >  I keep getting these two red lights flashing on my
> >  dashboard.
>
> One of your stop lights is burned out or intermittent, and it probably is
> the
> center one if you have checked all the others.  Fix the bulb problem and it
>
> will go away.

This was the trick on our ex-Milano for the brake indicator; the one with the
disk graphic is, if it's like the one on the GTV6, supposed to be a pad wear
indicator.  Assuming your pads are OK, there maybe a different short causing
this one to light.

My personal solution on the GTV6 (do not let this get around): disconnect the
wear sensor leads.  You should be regularly checking your brake pads for wear
anyhow so this little feature is silly.  One man's opinion.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA