new sound

OK detectives, here it is -- the mystery sound of the week!  You guess it
right and help me get my BW's 91 Spider back to normal and you win an
all-expenses paid vacation!*

We had a great weekend up in the Paso Robles, CA area (about midway between
Los Angeles and San Francisco) on the annual AROSC wine tour last weekend.
As usual, fine weather except for pea soup morning fog.  The little Spider
was in her element and ran great.  In fact we had only a two slight transpo
inconveniences: there was a traffic jam south of Santa Barbara on the way
home caused by people pulling off the freeway to gawk at a pod of passing
whales (!) and when we were within a mile of home we hit a rather massive
(unexpected, new) bump on the freeway and bottomed out.  No apparent damage.

BUT (and here is the mystery), the next day when my BW took the car on an
errand she discovered a buzzing sound that seems to come from the glove
compartment area, only when making a right turn, and only if the A/C/ fan is
on!  Everything else is as normal.

I think perhaps a leaf or something is caught in the A/C blower in such a way
that it only hits the fan if the car leans a little in a right turn, and
perhaps the knock on the freeway shook the leaf (or other debris) into this
position.

The sound only lasts during the time it takes to make a right turn, is pretty
loud, and reminds me of those days long ago when we boys would use a
clothespin (this was a wooden device with two legs and a spring clip used to
attach wet laundry to a clothesline, which was a hank of rope strung outside
for drying clothes in the sun before clothes dryers were invented, for those
who have never seen these antiquities) to fix a baseball card so that it
would barely strike the spinning spokes of a bicycle wheel and make a sound
that was thought to be pleasant.

Thoughts?

Charlie
LA, CA, USA

*Some restrictions apply to your Kabul getaway