SPICA head studs

	In a foolish attempt to have everything new on my GTV's re-worked head,
I removed (or tried anyway) all the studs, exhaust and intake.  Wes I.
did all the head work and the head came back missing 4 studs (out of 7)
on the SPICA intake side.  Turns out that he could not source them
anywhere new.  These studs are quite peculiar in that the pitch into the
head is 1.25 (common pitch) and 1.0 on the nut side!

	Been thinking of just buying some DIN 8.8 bolts of the requisite
length, loping off the head, and threading some new 1.0 threads.  But I
remember trying this a few years back and I couldn't get my die to get
started on the bolt - the metal was far too tough.  The other idea was
to have some new studs made; inquired of some of my machinist
acquaintances and they said that they couldn't do it - too hard.

	The last idea was to just buy some 1.25 pitch studs (of the requisite
length) on either end and use some 1.25 nuts.  Is there a sound reason
why Alfa went with the 1.0 pitch on the nut end of these studs????  Will
the oil pan fall off in a fit of solidarity if I use the incorrect
pitched studs??

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV stalled engine rebuild