Re: headlights STONGARD film cleaning

Speakng of headlights, my wife's '91 164 L has a set of STONGARD headlight
protective adhesive film (uh 1/8" thick may not qualify as film). The
headlight film has yellowed and seems to have reduced the light output.
Has anyone had any luck in cleaning / polishing the film. I run the
headlights day/night whereas the fog lamps only run in inclement weather
(day / night) had considerable less hours and are not yellowed. (One of
the fog lamp lenses is still together tho cracked because of the film.)

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX USA