Looking at a 74 GTV

I am looking at a 74 GTV that I am interested in purchasing.  I looked
at the car on Sat.  The engine runs strong, though at the last service
the service shop disconnected the idle solinoid to pass the car for smog
and it was never re-connected.  Should this be a concern?   why would
they have disconnectd this?  This was done by an alfa shop.

Also, as most GTV's there is some bubbling in the rockers near the front
wheels.   How concerned should I be of this?  The rest of the car had
been taken to bare metal in 91 and resprayed.

Lastly, water enters the interior through the glove box, is this just a
blocked drain?

Thanks in advance

Kelly