bouncing Milano

> Here's an odd ball request for everyone. Does anyone know how to, or have
> any information on, adjusting the height of the self leveling suspension on
> an 88 Milano Platinum (W/ an automatic, silly!)  Personally, I think the
> system is set WAY too high. When it sits idle for a few days ( the system
> bleeds off after a few hours) , it will pump up quickly and the rear will
> raise up to 4-5 inches.It rides kinda stiff, but I accept that. After all, it
> is hydraulic. I was just wondering if I could adjust the proportioning valve
> linkage to reduce the height and smooth out the ride a little bit. It almost
> seems to be riding at the top of the struts. ( fully extended).It bounces on
> the tires on larger bumps.
>          And finally, has anyone found a source to repair the proprotioning
> valves. Mine drips a little.
> Tim Timko

Most likely one of the struts has failed and hte other is
trying to compensate by going full lift. I had this happen
on a Milano that I purchased a few years ago. Easiest
solution it to swap a regular milano suspension into the
rear and loop the pump lines. Shocks are expensive. Probably
scarce too. Prop valve is a goner as well.
Advise? Scrap it, it's an easy swap.

AlfaBill

http://mastroalfa.com & http://mastrowrx.com
   Authorized Alfa Romeo, Subaru dealers
  Authorized MRT distributor, Subaru & WRX
  Exclusive PowerFlex dist. for Alfa Romeo
    800.683.2532 USA, Int'l 813.884.7513
   Fax 813.885.7160 E-mail mastro@domain.elided