164 Buying advice

Hi folks,

Looking to buy a 164 at a local establishment and wanted to tap some of the
expertise out there.  How are they for parts and reliablity?  I don't need
to use it as a daily driver, but do want some comfort on its ability to get
me somewhere when called on.  It will be replacing my '86 Saab 9000T that,
after 240k miles is at the point that it doesn't pay to get it fixed anymore
(rust starting, clutch hydraulics out, engine and trans tired).  That car
has been a gem but all good things must come to an end - think it is time to
get a younger car that can use some TLC and I can incrementally restore to
fine operation.  The Saab was purchased with many 'issues' and it has been
most enjoyable getting them back to snuff over time (and rewarded me with 5+
years of reliable transportation).  On that car, the basics were sound - on
the 164 series, what items are points of concern?  I've read about the
stepper motor repairs and will look for that issue but what other items have
bitten owners in the past that I can watch for and, if noted, can adjust the
price accordingly (or walk/run away)?

Thanks a bunch!
Brooks