identifying LSD rear axle

The 2000 LSD rear axles used on US models have a triangular-shaped rib dealy
cast into the bottom of the axle, behind the sump, with the pointy part
toward the front if I'm remembering right, and I think a longitudinal line
bisecting the triangle.  There are no similar angled ribs on the earlier
non-LSD axles. I don't know if AU axles are the same, but would guess so,
even if gear ratio is different.  I hear LSD was an option on pre-2000
axles, but don't know if there's any external way to ID.

Andrew Watry