Re: paint colors

Charlie,

You make some good suggestions here in the reply to our friend with the
chocolate brown Spider and silver Milano. However, contacting Signora Ruocco
doesn't tell you the color code. 'All' she replied to me about my 74 Spider
is that it was red with black interior. We all, well most, know that there
are at least a dozed different reds, to name a few 501, 514, 530, and so on.
I know that the Spider in 74 only came 514 red (there were other colors,
too, but only that one red) but most people don't know that. The GTV came in
501 red, which is quite another red. I don't know which red the Berlinas cam
in.

But you are correct in asking Signora Ruocco about the factory specs for any
given car.

Best regards,

Henrik

> > My question for anyone: Is there anyplace on the Internet where I can
find
> > official Alfa paint color specifications? Or does anyone have them or
know
> > of
> > a source?
> >
> > Both of my Alfas have original paint and need to be painted. The Spider
is
> > chocolate brown and the Milano is that silver/tan color.
> >
> Welcome to the Digest!
>
> There are some real fetishists around here who actually have details on
> things like all the paint colors and color codes from various
manufacturers
> and I'm sure you'll be hearing from them.
>
> But to find out what you have, each Alfa came with a sticker on the inside
of
> the trunk lid that calls out the paint color, code, and maker -- just look
up
> there and see if the sticker has survived the years; IOW, you can look it
up!

> Also, you can contact Elvira at the factory and she will tell you what
color
> your car was painted at the time of manufacture.
>
> Charlie
> LA, CA, USA
> 91 Spider - originally Arctic White (she says) and now just  refrigerator
> white
> 84 GTV6 - originally Opal Metallic (shit brown shiny) and now M-B Imperial
Red