Location, location, location

Okay, kids -

I think some of the disagreement on this thread has to
do with our several personal demographics. Brian said,
in #139,

"So, as a seller, if I happen to be in a remote
location, I might deliberately choose to leave out my
location information just so I don't alienate remote
buyers from inquiring. Once I get them on the hook, I
can negotiate a deal to their door step.

"I still have a Verde for sale. Location unknown. I
can arrange for a well known mechanic to inspect it
locally, and I can deliver it anywhere in the USA."

This will work very well indeed if you, the buyer,
have the kind of financial resources that allow you to
buy $3,000 cars as though they were shoes. Some of us
can't do that, and have never been able to do that. If
I have $3,000 to spend on a car, that's about all I
have to spend, period, and that must include the cost
of getting the car to my garage. I usually accomplish
that by taking the cheapest way to where the car is
and then driving it home, which is why my shopping
options (when I have any money at all) are pretty much
limited to locations within two days' drive of
Pasadena, California, as they used to be to the same
distance from Nashville, Tennessee.

I must say that this has led me into some fairly
strange and wonderful adventures, too...

Will Owen
Pasadena, CA
http://personals.yahoo.com