Flipped Shim

I'll make it brief...

I parked my Milano in front of my work the other day. After work I got in
and turned it over. It started as usual. But this time there was a clank,
clank, clank, clank sound coming from underneath the hood. DOH!

I nursed it home and the next day took it to my mechanic (I lack the tools
and skill at this point but I'm learning as much as I can).

What happened was one of the valve shims had flipped and I assume the
result was that the valve was not seating properly anymore hence the
clank, clank noise.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Damian

Damian Magista
89 Milano Gold <-- gonna be back on the road shortly
Seattle - NWARC