APE

At 10:02 PM -0400 10/9/01, alfa-digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:19:54 -1000
>From: "David Ross" <ross@domain.elided>
>Subject: APE new location?, and free marker lens for 80s Spider
>
>In part-response to Paul's question, the new address to which I tried to
>return my incomplete marker light
>was 6071 W. 11th St, Tracy CA.  This is the address which I got off the
>receipt.  However, it was
>returned with a "no mail receptacle at this address" sticker from the post
>office, so it might be phony.
>
>(For those who didn't see my post(s), I recently bought what I was told was
>a side marker lamp
>assembly from them; all that arrived was a lens, and when I asked about the
>rest they yelled at me
>abusively on the phone.  Evidently they don't permit returns either.  Since
>I don't need this lens, I
>now offer it free to anyone out there who wants it.  This is the *lens only*
>for the front side marker
>on a mid-80s Spider. The rectangular kind that mounds on the side of the
>front bumper, not the
>round type that  mounts on the body.  Free to good home.  Drop me an email
>if interested.)
>
>- - David R. (ross @ math.hawaii.edu)

Many businesses don't have mailboxes and use PO boxes.  That might
explain your returned mail.  When I needed to return a starter, Larry
Sr. told me they allow one return per lifetime per customer, subject
to a 15% restocking fee.  I can't complain.  Larry Sr. may be grouchy
as hell, but they've been very helpful to me and very tolerant of and
accomodating to my various potentially rude complaints.  I'm not
about to judge someone else's business model, but if they have a
"shit list" I don't know why I'm not on it!