Why Berlinas rust above the windshield?

The subject line pretty much says it all: Why is it that glued-windshield
Berlinas rust so badly along the body line above the windshield?  It doesn't
seem like you'd have a water trap uphill from the trim, glue, and body
contours for the windshield, and it has never looked to me like the trim
itself scratches through the paint, as on Alfettas, and gets the rust
started.

I can understand why they rust other places, such as below and to the sides
of the windshield, fenders, door bottoms, trunk, rear panel, jack points,
etc, due to dirt, poor drainage, double panels, poor seals, etc.  But every
glued-windshield Berlina I've seen in the past five years has had some
amount, between a little and a lot, of demoralizing rust above the
windshield trim, and I'm just wondering about it.

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register