re: Milano radio speaker qestion

Hi Bill,
The speakers are 4x6's.
5 1/4 and 6 1/2 will fit also. 2 of the existing screw holes will line up.
I used Blaupunkt PCXT462's. They're a perfect fit. I kept the original
tweeters in place, (they were OK).

To get the panel off remove the trim cover from the door handle, just get a
thin screwdriver behind the top seam and pry it back enough to pull it off.
(it pushes back in place).
Under it there are 2 screws, remove those.
Remove the black triangle trim piece behind the mirror.
Start at the bottom of the panel and get your fingers behind it. Pull gently.
It's held in place with  plastic snaps.

You can probably get to the speakers by just removing the bottom part and
holding it forward.
I got my old ones out this way using a stubby Phillips screwdriver.
The speakers are held in place w/ 4 screws.

Hope this helps.

--Ron Sitnick
1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Platino 2.5
1979 Fiat 124 Spider 2000