Re: Milano/75 IMSA car (or not... confused)

Chip Mutza, asking about the 75/Milano IMSA cars, wants to know what is this
car:

<<What car is this?  ---
http://members.home.net/alfaracer75/alfagallery/imsa75.jpg>>

Chip and all others interested
The picture that chip refers to, even though has all the Alfa Corse paint
trimmings, has a different fender flare compared to what is referred to as
the Alfa 75 Evoluzione.  It looks more like the after market version of it.
According to the b/w photo on page 113 of John Tipler's book "Alfa Romeo
Sporting Saloons",  the factory built Evoluzione in race trim had full front
air dams, side and rear skirts, and boot mounted aerofoil.  No flared
fenders.

Now look at the 75 that Larini/Biasion drove with very wiiide front fenders.
Take a look:
http://www.geocities.com/jmazl/images/75evo3.jpg
 and
http://www.geocities.com/jmazl/images/75evo1.jpg

So I have to agree with Chip, his picture looks like an EVO body kit,
probably aftermarket.  Looks like Giovanni's (from italian origin) *and*
like the british made EVO kits (same book, pages 113 and 115).

Is the one in the Museo Istorico an IMSA?  Now I'm confused.
I know I have it in video, but not in prints, so may take me a while to
find.

Cordiali saluti

Jorge
89 Milano Verde
Note: The 2 pictures in my own web site where downloaded from other sites.
If you are the author of any of those pictures and want to claim credit,
please let me know and justice will be served.