Re: Milano/75 IMSA car (or not... confused)

In a message dated 10/8/01 10:03:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
alfaracer75@domain.elided writes:

> Well, now I've gotten replies that the IMSA Milano/75 cars were THREE
> completely different cars... let me clarify my question:
>
> What car is this?  ---
> http://members.home.net/alfaracer75/alfagallery/imsa75.jpg
>
> I was under the impression that this car was run in the IMSA series in the
> late 80's. It appears that I am completely mistaken. Can anyone tell me
> about this car in specific? It appears to have the EVO body kit (or Veloce
> in Europe?).
>
> Any info would be great.. engine, suspension, drivers, sponsors, etc, etc,
> etc.
> Thanks again... all this info is incredibly fascinating!
>

> -Chip Mutza
> http://www.fastalfas.com

The pictured car is a European 75 Evoluzione from the British Touring Car
Championship (BTCC) or the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (DTM). I'm
leaning towards the BTCC due to the car being fitted with British Revolution
wheels-- the DTM cars were usually fitted with Speedlines or O.Z. wheels.

That is  NOT an IMSA / Firehawk series car. Not even close. As I stated
earlier, having seen the IMSA cars run by Alfa / Al Leake, they were
essentially stock appearing 3.0 Milano Verdes, fitted with O.Z. Monza 15X7
modular wheels, both cars were finished in the original red.

More info if I find my press kits...
Cheers,
Paul Mitchell