[no subject]

I would suspect that your brake MC is leaking through the rear seal and into
the booster.  Get enough fluid in the booster and it will get sucked into
the intake by the vacuum.

You can check the inside of the booster for fluid by removing the two nuts
that hold it on the booster and gently pulling it forward until it clears
the studs.  Use a small flashlight to look through the hole in the booster
and see if it's wet inside.  You can suck the fluid out with a rubber bulb
syringe with some vacuum tubing stuck on the nozzle (works much better than
a turkey baster).

If there is fluid in the booster, you need to rebuild or replace the brake
MC.  New ones are around $120 or so, rebuild kits are $30 or so, but you'll
need to have a hone to smooth the inside bore, and if it's pitted, you'll
need to replace it anyway.  I'd go with a new one.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider
'87 Milano SIlver