RE: Marcus & Caribou & refunds

Like Jason from Friday the 13th, this topic seems to come back from the dead
no matter how many times we think it's been killed.  I'm not one to beat a
dead horse (or topic as it were), but whenever this topic has come up before,
I do not recall very many, if any people offering counterpoints telling of
positive experiences with Caribou.  Reading many of these posts would make one
wonder how Ed stays in business at all.  Of course, I am often not able to
read the digest; so I may have missed some things.

Anyway, I'm not going to refute Marcus' (or anyone else's) experiences,
negative or otherwise.  However, I feel compelled to offer a counterpoint
simply to illustrate that not all encounters with Caribou are wrought with
problems.  I ordered a canvas top late last year.  It took about 2 months for
my top to be shipped to me.  I was not led to expect otherwise when I placed
my order, & my credit card was not billed until after I received my top.  I
called 3 times during the time my order was outstanding, & each time I was
given an accurate & courteous update as to my order's status.  My installer
commented that the top was very easy to work with, & it looks & fits great.
The end.

Now, lets give this topic the rest it so richly deserves.

Michael Keith
Houston, TX
'86 Graduate