Re: Marcus & Caribou & refunds

Hi Ed and Group:

Ed's at it again.  Is it just coincidence that we see yet another posting
from him to refute a complaint from a customer that's started a thread on
the Digest?  And that it's virtually always the same complaint.  Ed, why
not just tell potential buyers that delivery time is 'x' weeks or months
away, and that's the price they're paying for an inexpensive, but OK
quality top?  You and I went through this same argument last summer, as
have many Digesters (insert your own interpretation of 'many', and check
for yourself, using the Digest search engine).  I rarely mind waiting for a
non-critical part, if I am told to expect the wait.  I often order parts
for my Spider from overseas vendors, for various reasons, such as greater
selection and lower prices, I'm always told honestly when to expect the
arrival of those parts, and have yet to be disappointed.  Two current
examples;  I've got a complete Euro intake setup coming from Italy.  It's
been 5 weeks, and I haven't even thought of e-mailing the seller, because I
was told to expect a four to six week ETA.   I've also ordered a complete
stainless exhaust from Germany, and this time I was told to wait until
after the first of next year for delivery.  So what!  I've been told the
truth and was able to make my own informed decisions.  Ed, why not show
your customers some modicum of respect and allow them to make their own
informed decisions, instead of having their credit card numbers (even if
they've not yet been charged) and potential shipments to hold over their
heads?  You may not think this to be true, but you're not the only guy
selling tops, and factory-quality cloth tops are literally just a few bucks
more from several sources.  I, for one, certainly know better for next
time.  I'm certain it bothers you when someone is critical of your
business, but you've asked for it time and time again.

On a side-note, a few months ago I was looking for a Momo steering wheel
hub for my Spider.  I sent two emails, left two phone messages (that took a
few days of dialing) and sent a FAX to Caribou.  This is the number of
response I received.  (Jeopardy theme music plays in background)  What is
Zero, Alex?

Best regards to all,

Dean W. Cains
'74 Spider Veloce