AZTEK IS MOST POPULAR SMALL SUV

I pulled this off another list.  If GM can sell 30k of these pigs every
year, then I have complete confidence they'll be able to achieve those lofty
goals with Alfa..

***********

AZTEK IS MOST POPULAR SMALL SUV
Would you believe.the Aztek? J.D. Power's survey of small SUVs finds
Pontiac's ugly duckling is the sport-ute that most pleases its owners,
beating out luminaries like Toyota's RAV4 and the new Hyundai Santa Fe.
Despite critics' loathing of its radical styling, the Aztek placed first
or second in every category with owners. "We've been saying now since we
launched Aztek, the owners love this vehicle," said Aztek brand manager
Jim Vurpillat. "The whole vehicle was a risk for GM. We know we were
trying to do something different, something unique." The Aztek, pegged
originally at 55,000 sales a year, is now stable at about 28,000 annually,
and GM hopes to boost that to 30,000 to 40,000 a year in the coming year
with a revised Aztek with lighter cladding and larger wheels.