Re: Berlina body repair

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply.

Sounds like I'll have to join the local club and borrow the book. The
Berlina just doesnt look like a car that was built with repairability in
mind, but I'm determined to end up with a nice car.

I'm doing the repairs myself, just learning as I go along. The reason I want
to remove the rear wings is to fix the inner wing rust, where the two meet
just above the wheel. The right wing is probably beyond repair, aside from
heavy use of filler (which I want to avoid at all costs).

They mustve been removed in the past - the right side (I havent looked at
the left) rear wing is braze welded to the base of the rear pillar, through
to the windscreen aperture).

How much, on average, would it cost to media blast a berlina sized car? I
dont want to spend thousands on blasting....

People keep telling me I'm mad for going to the trouble of saving (properly)
a Berlina, but its a lot of fun, rare, and has history behind it.... The
awkward looks are forgiven.

Thanks again

Davide