Re: 164 hood stuck

What happens is the latching mechanism somehow gets out of alignment with the pin.

        Two things have worked for me when this happens (hope one of them works for
you):

1. Have someone else pull on the latch release and hold it pulled out *while* you
pull the "tab" and lift the side that is sticking very "briskly."

2. If you don't have anyone to assist you, repeatedly pull the hood release (3-4
times) - DON'T LET THE DOOR SLAM CLOSED - then go to the front of the car, pull the
tab and lift up on the stuck side of the hood simultaneously. You may have to repeat
this preocess 5-10 times before it works. Close the hood completely after each failed
attempt.

I can't tell you how to adjust the latch to prevent this from happening when you
close the hood again, but this seems to be a fairly common problem. Maybe someone
else on the Digest can help you do that. Russ Neely can vouch for my lack of
mechanical skills! :-)

'nardo