Of Selespeeds, Formaggio and Pesce

Guppies are one of the few fish to bear live young. Some sharks and rays do
likewise, though some sharks lay eggs in purses, dogfish being the one I
recall.

Cheese in Italian would be Formaggio I believe. Eet eez ze French dat put
ze "r" before the "o".

And the Alfa connection for this thread would be?

While I'm occupying bandwidth I might as well express my interest in the
Selespeed thread. True enough who cares what gear one is in, the tach and
the seat of the pants will eventually clue you in, but for road driving as
opposed to track driving it is often not feasible to clearly recall which
gear one is in after cruising for a while. Ditto with such mundane things
as the recirc setting on the AC. Unlike a track where you would precumably
be keenly conscious of the gear you are in, on the street one forgets.
Especially the V6 Alfas which tool smoothly along with very little
difference in engine noise from 1000 to 3000 rpm in say second or third gear.

A clear dash indicator (how about a row of little lights in the tach
labelled 1,2,3..etc with perhaps an R and an N?) would be nice. I'm more
concerned about how Selespeed handles snow and ice. I commonly use second
gear for slippery starts, and have been known to feather the clutch for
very slippery conditions. How does the Selespeed handle such things?
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner