GTV6 hatch strut

At 3:05 PM -0400 28/9/01, alfa-digest wrote:
>Subject: daily service: GTV6 v 75
>

>However, if the big problem for you was the trunk capacity of the GTV6, you
>could remove the strut completely and replace it with a stout length of
>broomstick that you could wedge into place when you need to hold the hatch
>up, and rip out the hatch cover completely.  This would have the side benefit
>of providing a health upper-body exercise machine comparable to a $100 per
>month gym membership.
>

>>  For me, a  big TWO thumbs up for the GTV6!
>

>Add my thumbs.
>

>>  Bill Bean
>>  84 GTV6
>>
>Charlie
>LA, CA, USA
>84 GTV6
>91 Spider
>bicycles

And you say this in jest. I actually bought an Alfetta GT in which
the strut had lost all its pressure and the owner included the stick
(spade handle actually I recall) he used as a substitute. You're
certainly correct about the hatch being a fair weight to hold up one
handed as the other hand fished around for the stick.

Brett Daniels

71 GTV