remote oil filter adapter

Hey all,
I was just looking through my Summit Racing catalog and spied a remote oil
filter adapter setup that I would like to get for my 73 spider. IAP sells
one but its way more expensive.  Summit says theirs will fit most cars but
does anyone know if the generic one will fit Alfa engines? I'm under the
impression that all oil filters are the same thread and seal diameter, only
different dimensions of the filter can itself is different. I'd rather not
pay a high price for the IAP one if I can use the one from Summit. I
searched the digest and didnt find much on this. Thanks in advance for any
help.

Keith S.
73 spider