Pulling Transaxle and Wobbly Shifter

Ok guys, need your help once again.  I've searched the archives and all the
popular Milano pages, even GTV6.org and found lots of articles on lightening
gears and fixing rattling shifters, but nothing on the tricks needed for
removing and reinstalling the transaxle.  As we all know, the factory manual
is completely worthless for assisting in this task as well.

What I've got is a worn clutch and a non-existent 2nd gear synchro.  I figured
I'd tackle both jobs at the same time.  I got the car up on the lift (yes, I
have a lift :)  ) and it seems like a fairly straightforward task to drop the
transaxle.  My question is do I have to do anything with the Dedion to get it
out?  Is there a trick?  Do I even have to touch the Dedion?

Also, first gear pops out under deceleration.  If you decelerate gently in
first the shift lever 'wobbles' back and forth.  If you decelerate hard, it
throws it out of gear with a bang.  I know that in FIAT 124s this is usually
caused by a worn shift fork that no longer fully engages the gear, usually
fourth.  Is this the same type of failure?  If so, it still doesn't explain
the 'wobbling' shifter.

Any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks guys.

-Lalo
'88 Verde