re: SLC

At 12:33 AM -0400 9/27/01, alfa-digest wrote:
>Chip Schug <schuga@domain.elided> wrote:
>
>> Is there an AROC club thats meets regularly in SLC or surrounding areas?
>
>I think the closest AROC Chapter would be Delta Sierra in Northen California. I could
>be mistaken, though.
>
>'nardo

Did Bernardo mention DSARC! I'm here. Let me look at the map. Salt Lake City..... Oy!

It appears our closest member is in Elko NV. We haven't had any events in Elko in recent memory. Perhaps our lonely member in Elko has his own club meetings and rallyes. What does an Alfa owner in Elko do for car buddies? Chip, could I suggest you meet our member on the border for a drink and some nickel slots?

With regard to DSARC expanding into Utah I think that will not happen. We have curtailed our policy of manifest destiny in favor of keeping down the mileage we accumulate on our cars traveling the length and breadth of DSARC Territory. As it is, Hawaii is part of our territory and we have had problems with those members attending club functions (I've attempted visits but I always encounter a big puddle just west of San Francisco and ya know the GTV6 is lowered....). Perhaps the boys at AROO would be interested in this island of Alfa Owners? Idaho is in the way but perhaps they can just duck down into California (we'll be glad to give them flyover rights) on the way to UT.

--
Michael Williams

69 Duetto (haven't seen it for months but shop still answers phone!)
73 Berlina (Fiat 124 Special 73k miles from new...)
84 GTV6 (new SP8000's up front but air dam still in pieces)

http://alfanut.home.mindspring.com/default.htm