Super as a Daily Driver

The recent discussions of daily drivers have been interesting to me.  This
fall I'll be taking both kids to school so my daily driver (at least when
its not raining) Spider will be sitting in the garage much more than usual.
To maintain my Alfa fix, I'm considering replacing my Japanese sedan with a
67 Super (or similar).  I haven't found many knowledgeable Alfisti in
Honolulu so I'm hoping that fellow digesters may be able to give me some
thoughts.

Am I under any delusion (to use Adam Reeve's word) that a Super in good
shape could be a practical daily driver?  I'd probably put no more than 5K
miles per year on the Super and have a mechanic who is familiar with older
Alfas.  Is the relatively wet Hawaii weather likely to cause serious rust
issues, assuming I don't park at the beach too often and keep it clean and
waxed?  The BW is particularly concerned about the reliability of, and
maintenance expenses for, a 30-year old Alfa.

Dan in Honolulu

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you think you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone (808)521-9200, and delete the original message.  Thank you.