Re: GTV6 vs Milano vs 164 as daily driver

Hi all.

This "survey" wouldn't be complete with someone who has the opposite experience.

My 1994 164 Super (LS) has so far been the most reliable daily driver Alfa I have ever
owned.  Bought in late 1995, six years later it has yet to leave me stranded or not
start - save one incident when I did not plug in the crank sensor wire back in after
routine maintenance.  Not the car's fault.

I've owned a 1984 GTV6 which, due to its age, needed some "refreshing".  No real
complaints about that car other than it had past its prime.

I still drive my 1988 Milano 3.0V6.  Again, quite reliable apart from that ABS pump that
sometimes overheats (motor continues to run as it cavitates).

Can't say the 164 is anything like the latter two.  Maybe it's just newer, but my gut
feel is it's going to be quite a trooper.

Nizam