From: Brian Shorey [mailto:bshorey@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 7:21 PM
To: Glenn Wasserman; Daniel Pham; alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: RE: daily driver

> I think it's the least expensive, or at least the same as the Milano.
>
> What I mean is more may go wrong, but each part is probably cheaper
and
> easier to replace...

<snip>

> Also I think the GTV-6 requires more tinkering than either the Milano
or
> the 164, but probably still is relatively inexpensive to operate.

I think you've got it backwards.

The major components of the GTV6 (engine, drivetrain) are identical.  As
others have stated, the Milano has more power options and electronics to
go
wrong.

If any car is going to have more go wrong with it, it's the Milano.  For
the
stuff that does go wrong, costs will be the same for both cars (unless
you're talking about ABS problems on a Milano!).

Fwiw, I've lived with both a GTV6 and a Milano for more than five years
now
(I've had the GTV6 a bit longer than the Milano).  The Milano tends to
require a little more 'tinkering' than the GTV6, although both cars have
been pretty darn reliable.

Large trunk space, four doors, etc, may or may not be a consideration
for a
daily driver.  If the most that will ever ride in the car is one or two
people, then who cares?

bs