Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:33:44 -0700
From: Robert Abatecola <robert@domain.elided>
Subject: Pirelli P6 availability (was Re: Autoweek vs.originality)

In AD V8 #80 Carscribe@domain.elided wrote:
>  Pirelli must have been anticipating this, as you can now again get new
>  Pirelli P6 195/60/15 tires again finally at www.pirellip6.com. No need to
>  bother coker, who's in Michelin's back pocket anyway.

I was hopeful about this but when I tried to call local Pirelli
dealers, none of them knew anything about the P6 or P7
(www.pirellip7.com) except that they were "discontinued a long time
ago" at best.  One was kind enough to give me the phone number to
their Pirelli supplier who told me that the P6 is available in a very
limited range of sizes in the US, none of which were 195/60/15.

It doesn't matter to me at this point since I couldn't wait any
longer and settled for P6000.  In case it helps someone else though,
does anyone have access to 195/60/15 P6s in the US?
- --

  -Robert Abatecola
   1985 GTV6
   1987 Spider Quadrifoglio